Crunch Fitness in Albuquerque just had their grand opening and we wanted to see what everyone in town was talking about. Stop by and get a tour of this place for yourself, it’s pretty amazing. Their grand opening was on August 11th where they featured a raffles for memberships, a TV, a beach resort vacation & much more! Ready to learn more? Check Crunch Fitness out on Facebook HERE
The event may have been kept on the down low, but it’s no secret that the Swing Easy event at Hotel Andaluz was a success! The password protected party was complete with costumes, cool vibes and electro swing music. Located in the Casablanca room at Hotel Andaluz in downtown Albuquerque, the event served as the first event in the “Second Saturday Series” at the hotel.
Labor of Love Productions put on a jazz era theme party with a contemporary twist on August 11th. Check out images from an evening of remixed swing and jazz music as they united the classics of the 1920’s, 30’s and 40’s with the electronic influence of the 2000’s.
For more information on future events like this, be sure to check out hotelandaluz.com.
The countdown has begun, less than a week until Summerween and with costume contests and kick-ass prizes up for grabs it’s time you start planning what ensemble you’ll sport.
Whether you’re looking for scary, funny, or sexy DIY costumes are always a hit so here are 15 do it yourself costume ideas to inspire your Hallow’s Eve spirit in August:
1. Bloody Torso in A Suitcase (I think): Maybe you guys have a better title for this costume but, title or no title, it’ll get some attention.
2. Rock, Paper, Scissors: Grab two friends and play rock, paper, scissors to decide who’s who, this is a cool idea for a group costume and you can even find a full tutorial of this DIY here.
3. Ginger Bread Man: Hey Josh, you can put your costume search to an end.
4. Boobs: You might need to keep your hubby close for this one to make sense.
5. Soap and a loofah: We go together like peanut butter and jelly, like a hand and a glove, like peas and carrots; like hygiene products.
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: If you and your friends have ever bonded over the urge to paint your entire bodies green then this is definitely the costume for you.
7. Kool-Aid Man: No shirt required, need I say more?
8. Strawberry: “… Oooooohhh I get it.”
9. Starbucks Cups: Can you even?
10. Castaway Tom Hanks & Wilson: Show the world you’ve found your Wilson.
11. Zoolander: Life isn’t all about being ridiculously good looking but you can just call this look Blue Steel.
12. Pageant Girls: Just because Honey Boo Boo’s show was cancelled doesn’t mean we can’t keep the Toddlers & Tiaras humor alive.
13. Shark Week: Simple but great, another cool group costume idea (by the way, Shark Week starts on July 5th this year!).
14. Golddigger: If you want a costume and for the song Gold Digger by Kanye West to be stuck in your head for the next two weeks, look no further.
15. One Night Stand: Nothing beats a good pun.
There you have it, few ideas of some DIY costumes that might just be cool enough to earn a prize at the ABQ Live event Summerween on AUGUST 18th at SANDBAR Brewery and Grill.
Each year the LGBTIQ Community of New Mexico comes together to celebrate diversity. The annual event includes a parade down the streets of Albuquerque as well as Pridefest’s main event at EXPO New Mexico. The event highlights Dance, Music, Friendship, Expression, Art, Fun, and Diversity. Enjoy multiple galleries of photos from this year’s event.
More photos in Gallery 2
Gallery 2 – Albuquerque Pride Parade 2018
More in Gallery 3
Gallery 3 – Albuquerque Pride Parade 2018
Over Memorial Day Weekend the ABQ Blues and Brews Beer Fest features over 70 Breweries, 4 Blues Bands, 2 Stages, Unlimited Sampling and more. Check out images from New Mexico’s Premier Craft festival held inside Sandia Resort and Casino.
More images from Blues and Brews in Gallery 2
Gallery 2 | Blues and Brews 2018