1. 32 Competitors from around the state
2. Tournament style competition: 5 rounds head to head, single elimination cocktail competitions.
New Mixico Main Event (NMME) This competition will challenge each competitor’s knowledge,
creativeness, improvisation, efficiency and skill in their professional field.
3. Each competitor will be judged on a myriad of technical aspects of bartending, as well as taste
and total presentation.
4. The Rounds will go as follows
a. Round 1 The Busy Bar Round (Effen Original, Hornitos Plata)
b. Round 2 The Effen Apple Round
c. Round 3 The Knob Creek Rye/Makers 46/Basil Hayden
d. Round 4 The Signature Cocktail Round (El Tesoro)
e. Round 5 The Secret Ingredient Round
5. In a head to head competition, the bartender with the most points wins that competition.
6. Points will carry over to throughout the competition round to round, and the bartender with the
most points throughout NMME will be named the winner.
7. The bartender with the highest point total in each round will receive a prize for excellence in
8. The weight of the points vary from round to round, New Mixico will make available all judging
sheets to all competitors prior to Main Event.
1. Maximum of 2 bartenders per establishment can compete
2. A maximum of 6 ingredients is allowed in each drink throughout the competition.
a. Mixes count as 1 ingredient, i.e. a tomatillo/jalapeno Bloody Mary mix is one ingredient,
though it may contain many to create the flavor; it is still just A BLOODY MIX.
b. We do ask that all multiple flavor ingredients are specified by their main flavors, i.e.
blueberry/ginger syrup or peach/mint bitters…NOT just “syrup” or “bitters” listed as an
3. Garnishes do not count as an ingredient. All garnishes must be edible.
4. Items counted as an ingredient are all items that are going to be placed in glass that will alter
the flavor of the cocktail, with the exception of ice, i.e. juices, syrups, bitters, tinctures, foams,
jams, jellies, mists, shrubs, fruits, herbs, vegetables, spices, sodas, wines, sherries, ports, or
ANYTHING ELSE really cool that maybe I’ve never heard of before that may be put into the glass
to alter the flavor of the cocktail. ICE IS NOT AN INGREDIENT!
THE WINNER will be selected by virtue of collection of all 4 rounds of points. The point totals do increase as the rounds go on.