Student life is hard, with tuition and books, sometimes you can feel your bank account just crying out for help. Well luckily, for all those students out there, there is some reprieve. From discounts for gym memberships to eateries and amusement park tickets, your Lobo status can get you more than just an education. Here are some of the best discounts for Lobos to keep your wallet, and maybe your stomach, from howling.
1. Amore Neapolitan Pizzeria – A lovely locale with wood fired pizza, calzones, Paninis, and a range of local brews and Italian wines. Perfect for date night, and even more perfect when you get 10% off with your student ID. They also offer “Lobo Lunch”, double discounts to students who present their ID daily between 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Visit AmoreABQ.com to see their full menu. Located at 2929 Monte Vista Blvd NE, this restaurant is great as a dinner out, before your night out.
2. Andy’s Auto Sport– For all of your vehicle enhancing desires, this is the discount for you. From lighting to performance, to audio, Andy’s Auto Sport has it all. And don’t be afraid to keep coming back for more, you receive 5% off an unlimited amount of purchases through the online store by entering the discount code LOBOPERK at the time of purchase. Find them online at andysautosport.com.
3. Angel Fire Resort –
If you crave carving the mountains in the winter but hate the costs for lodging and lift tickets, Angel Fire Resort has one of the best deals for Lobos. With discounts on lodging, lift tickets, food and beverages, and more, this is the college skier’s and snowboarder’s heaven. The specifics of the discounts are outlined below, take advantage this winter, you’ll get the experience of a lifetime without spending your life savings.
*You must show your UNM student LoboCard to get the discounts. *Black-out dates for lodging and lift tickets are 12/19/14 through 01/04/15, 2/13/15 through 02/16/15, and 03/06/15 through 03/17/15. *There are no black-out dates on the food, beverage, or retail discounts.
· Lodging: 15% discount and a room upgrade if available.
· Lift Tickets: $10 off based on the Military/Teen Price. Prices are here.
· Food & Beverage: Buy two entrees and get one free appetizer in the Legends Grill and Elements restaurants. (The Elements restaurant will offer a special appetizer for this benefit). Get a free fountain drink when buying a meal in Village Haus and Summit Haus restaurants.
· Retail: When you buy a full ski or snowboard rental you may 1. get the helmet for free, or 2. upgrade the rental for free. *You may choose only one.
4. Bistronomy B2B – The place to go near campus for excellent burgers and selection of beers. It can be a bit pricey because of its delicious mastery of the classic burger, but with 20% off all food purchases every Tuesday from 4 – 9 p.m. (excluding alcohol purchases), it’s more than worth it. Just present your Lobocard and prepare your taste buds.
5. Body and Brain Yoga – Don’t forget to take care of your mind and body as well as your grades, get 50% off any regular membership for full-time students. Perfect for stress relief and relaxation, and a break from routine life. With three locations on 6300 San Mateo Blvd. NE, 1644 Alameda NW, and 800 3rd Street NW, you won’t even have to worry about driving too far.
6. California Theme Parks (Tix2Fun) – We might be in college, but we’re all kids at heart. Tix2Fun offers discounts on theme parks, aquariums, and various other activities to get you out of the school drab and into a good time! Take a look at what they have to offer online, then log in to My UNM. On the Campus Life tab, click on the Tix2Fun logo. From there, you can order discounted tickets like a responsible adult, and then enjoy them as if you were a kid again.
7. Complete Nutrition – You have to take care of your body, and nutrition can be hard when all you eat is Ramen. Show your UNM ID and get 25% off your entire in-store purchase at the register, and get healthier, and happier. With two locations, ABQ Uptown and Cottonwood Corners, these locally owned shops will happily help you supplement the college student “diet”.
8. Costco – Speaking of the college student diet, what better way to get food than getting food in bulk! Costco offers a $10/$20 cash card when you sign up for a new membership at either the Eubank or Renaissance store in Albuquerque. Becoming a member of Costco means getting more of what you need and want (including the free samples, of course). They suggest you bring a printed copy of the LoboPerks page with the Costco listing to make the process easier.
9. The Cube BBQ – Students get hungry, The Cube BBQ delivers… literally! Students receive a 10% discount every day; and on Lobo Tuesdays, you can also receive a free soft drink with any purchase (10% discount still applies). And students on or near campus can also get free delivery, so take a break from the books and order some tasty takeout.
10. Defined Fitness – With all of the discounts on food, it only figures that a gym membership discount should also be included. One of the best fitness centers in Albuquerque, Defined Fitness offers a discounted rate of only $38.99+tax per month with enrollment in their automatic payment program, a huge help to keep our budgets happy and body healthy. Membership includes all club locations, group fitness classes, aquatics complex (indoor pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub), and, of course, the state-of-the-art equipment, and free child care if necessary. There is an initial fee of $75+tax to new members, or if you were a member who has been inactive for at least two years, you can $25 re-activation fee. Take advantage of this one, and work off all of those free samples!
And a little bonus for all of those still looking for a costume on Halloween, take advantage of this discount and save on looking scary!
Costume Discounters – Need a costume for all of your Halloween fun? Use discount code”LPUNM” to receive 16% off any item from Costume Discounters! With costumes of all shapes, sizes, and tastes, you’re sure to find something to suit your night; whether you want to a ball gown princess or a slice of bacon, they’ve got you covered.