Nob Hill Bar and Grill and Dj Ian Evan set the stage for an awesome night in Nob Hill with Halloween costumes, beats and drinks!
Search Results for: nob hill bar and grill
It’s getting hot and heavy on Friday nights at Nob Hill Bar and Grill w/ Ian Evan. Find more photos from Nob Hill HERE
Every Friday night Nob Hill Bar and Grill turns the grills down and gets turned up with music from local djs and awesome drink specials. Find more images from Nob Hill Bar and Grill HERE.
1. The ambiance. From the moment you pull up and catch a glimpse of this restaurant the contemporary and modern design will appeal to you. With brick walls that give the place a metropolitan look and the giant fish tank hanging from the ceiling which adds a touch of originality, the decor is just flat out awesome. The retractable garage doors that separate the dining room from the patio are equally attention grabbing.
2. The bar. Wow… When you envision specialty hand-crafted cocktails and a jaw-dropping lineup of craft beers, this is the place your dreams will take you to. The new owner, Nicole Kapnison, has a passion for craft beer which is made evident by the impressive list of delicious beers she has put together. Whether it’s a super creative cocktail or a hard to find beer, you’re looking for, get down to the bar at Nob Hill Bar & Grill to find something different and exciting!
3. The new Owner: Nicole Kapnison. To be clear, Nob Hill Bar & Grill has always been a good place to drink and dine but with Nicole up to bat, the establishment as a whole has been elevated to a new level. From the aforementioned new beer and cocktail list to the new menu, one thing is very clear, this place has gone from a good place to eat to an absolutely fantastic restaurant & bar to see and be seen, any day of the week.
4. The Executive Chef: Philip Roybal. Having had the pleasure of watching this man whip up a few dishes on the line in his immaculate kitchen I can tell you, this guy can throw down! Chef Roybal cooks with flair and a passion that shines through every single dish. It doesn’t matter if he is cooking a signature entrée, or something as simple as a salad, his love and desire to please your taste buds is inspiring and can be tasted in every bite.
5. The ‘This Ain’t Yo Mama’s Meatloaf’. I’m just going to come right out and say it, this is my favorite thing on Chef Roybal’s menu without hesitation. In fact, this is arguably the very best Meatloaf I have ever had in my entire life! A really cool side note is that Chef Philip uses 100% New Mexico raised beef for this dish. As if that isn’t enough, he stuffs it with Mozzarella Cheese and wraps it in BACON! Applewood Smoked Bacon to be exact. Served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, fresh vegetables and a delicious Shallot Gravy this dish is the perfect meal anytime.
6. The service. Most would agree that the service at a restaurant can make or break the experience. Nob Hill Bar & Grill is the type of establishment which puts forth a highly commendable level of effort to ensure that each and every guest has the best service possible. From the second you walk into the restaurant you will encounter some of the best hospitality The Duke City has to offer. No request is too large at Nob Hill Bar & Grill. I thoroughly enjoyed the service and I am sure that you will too.
7. The freshness. Everything about this place has a bright fresh appeal to it and to me, quite frankly, that’s an exciting quality to encounter in a restaurant. It all sparkles, the walls, floors, and booths, it’s all so clean that you just want to sit there for as long as possible and soak it all in. That is a huge deal at eateries and it was very refreshing to see Nob Hill Bar & Grill at the top of the list of places I eat at that are extremely fresh and clean.
8. The support of local business. Whether it’s sourcing his vegetables, his meats or even baking his own breads, Executive Chef Philip Roybal goes to great lengths to ensure that your meal is as local as possible. It’s very important for Chefs to support their local farmers and butchers as much as they can because nothing builds a community better than when you support a local restaurant who supports their local farms. Practices such as this are what make a city as close knit as Albuquerque is.
9. ‘The Dirty Burger’. They tricked me into this one, and boy am I glad they did! I had just finished up sampling a bunch of Chef Roybal’s tasty cuisine when out walked Nicole with this HUGE beastly thing they call “The Dirty Burger” which consists of their own house blended beef patty, topped with Chile Con Queso, Chile, Frizzled Onions, Bacon, Beeronaise and Fried Egg! As full as I was I couldn’t help but take one giant bite out of it and that was when I tapped out! Juicy, full of flavor and flat out fun is what comes to mind when I think of this burger.
10. The overall presence, and contribution, in the city. I really feel like this place gets it right. From A to Z what Nicole Kapnison and Chef Philip Roybal are creating is a real winner. With the comfort of their guests at the forefront of their decision-making process, it’s no surprise to see them achieving as much success as they have. Nob Hill Bar & Grill brings a fresh, exciting and innovative approach to the Duke City dining scene and as a result, the entire industry benefits. Whether it’s going in for a quick bite to eat for lunch, going in for a fantastic alcoholic beverage or sitting down for an extended dinner, you are sure to have a great experience from beginning to end. I know I did. Hats off to a job well done.
Check out the video below to see Chef Marc Quiñones in action at Nob Hill Bar & Grill!
Were you out and about for New Year’s Eve in Albuquerque? Well you fought the cold and we salute you for it! Enjoy a handful of photos from multiple bars and restaurants across the 505. Our favorites include Blue Agave Republic, Poki Poblano, Nob Hill Bar and Grill, The Library and Effex Nightclub. Be sure to stop by and see what each amazing venue has to offer.
Photos by ABQ-Live photographer Martin Saenz
Image by Effex NightClub via www.effexabq.com
Dance into 2019 and head into Albuquerque’s most lively and vibrant night club! Effex’s New Years Eve party takes off Monday December 31, 2018. Keep it bumpin’ to headliners featuring DJ’s Devin, Malik, Stitch, Spunjy, and Josh Burg. Doors open at 9 p.m. and the entrance fee is $20 — ages 21+ only.
Effex NightClub: 420 Central Ave SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Image by @hotelandaluz via Instagram
Stay classy with champagne in your hand, and toast to a new year as the balloon drops in Hotel Andaluz. Join around for Hotel Andaluz’s Pop! Fizz! Groove! On December 31, 2018 at 8 p.m. and dance to DJ Sidekick, Melodious Groove, and DJ Alissa Divine.
Hotel Andaluz: 125 2nd St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Blue Agave Republic
Image by @blueagaverepublic via Instagram
Look back on your favorite 2018 moments with tacos and tequila! With a beautiful handcrafted drink in your hand, and live DJ’s, there is no better way to start off the coming year. Forget those diet resolutions you made twelve months ago, order plates on plate on plates of tacos!
Blue Agave Republic: 6001 Osuna Rd NE suite a, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Poki Poblano Fusion Lounge
Image by @pokipoblano via Instagram
Speaking on throwing out that diet, get a jump start on that New Years resolution list and eat adventurously at Albuquerque’s newest hotspot, Poki Poblano. Show up in your shiniest dress or most dapper suit, pull up a stool, order a poki bowl, get a side of caviar, and take a sip of handcrafted cocktails.
Poki Poblano: 6910 Montgomery Blvd NE suite a, Albuquerque, NM 87109
QBar – Hotel Albuquerque
Image by QBar via www.hotelabq.com
Feeling a little extra bourgeois? At a mere $209 a party package, you can spend your last night of the year in a sophisticated nightclub and lounge, with admission to Qbar for two, hotel accomodations and breakfast for two on January 1, 2019. Described as upscale, posh, and sleek, one is welcomed with extensive wine, entertainment by DJ Pete Nic, exotic appetizers, and a champagne toast. Head down and be treated like the Beyoncé and Jay-Z that you are.
QBar: 800 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104 —Inside Hotel Albuquerque, Old Town
Image by @nob_hill_abq via Instagram
Nob Hill Bar and Grill never disappoints when it comes to awesome parties! The “upscale joint” is having a party on New Years Eve featuring DJ Ian Evan! Be sure to follow them on social media to get all the details. We are even giving away a New Years Package that will include a table for 6 and 2 bottles of Champagne! Stay tuned for more details!
Featuring DJ Ian Evan.
Abq-Live giving away a table for 6 and 2 bottles of champagne.