The Stage at the Star got their Fourth of July party started early last Friday for their Red, White and Booze party.
The countdown has begun, less than a week until Summerween and with costume contests and kick-ass prizes up for grabs it’s time you start planning what ensemble you’ll sport.
Whether you’re looking for scary, funny, or sexy DIY costumes are always a hit so here are 15 do it yourself costume ideas to inspire your Hallow’s Eve spirit in August:
1. Bloody Torso in A Suitcase (I think): Maybe you guys have a better title for this costume but, title or no title, it’ll get some attention.
2. Rock, Paper, Scissors: Grab two friends and play rock, paper, scissors to decide who’s who, this is a cool idea for a group costume and you can even find a full tutorial of this DIY here.
3. Ginger Bread Man: Hey Josh, you can put your costume search to an end.
4. Boobs: You might need to keep your hubby close for this one to make sense.
5. Soap and a loofah: We go together like peanut butter and jelly, like a hand and a glove, like peas and carrots; like hygiene products.
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: If you and your friends have ever bonded over the urge to paint your entire bodies green then this is definitely the costume for you.
7. Kool-Aid Man: No shirt required, need I say more?
8. Strawberry: “… Oooooohhh I get it.”
9. Starbucks Cups: Can you even?
10. Castaway Tom Hanks & Wilson: Show the world you’ve found your Wilson.
11. Zoolander: Life isn’t all about being ridiculously good looking but you can just call this look Blue Steel.
12. Pageant Girls: Just because Honey Boo Boo’s show was cancelled doesn’t mean we can’t keep the Toddlers & Tiaras humor alive.
13. Shark Week: Simple but great, another cool group costume idea (by the way, Shark Week starts on July 5th this year!).
14. Golddigger: If you want a costume and for the song Gold Digger by Kanye West to be stuck in your head for the next two weeks, look no further.
15. One Night Stand: Nothing beats a good pun.
There you have it, few ideas of some DIY costumes that might just be cool enough to earn a prize at the ABQ Live event Summerween on AUGUST 18th at SANDBAR Brewery and Grill.
What do you get when East and West collide in the desert? Runway Apparel.
A spring switch up on the traditional looks for women, marrying classic Audrey Hepburn with edgy Sex Pistols. Look for midi skirts, crop tops, and novelty denim, but it’s all found in the details: asymmetrical cuts, a flash of sparkle, flowy shark bite cuts, and tailored fit.
Colors this season include indigo, blush and, of course, more of the black and white, but what makes the monochrome stand out is in the splash of metal on the neckline or in the details throughout the outfit. For the men, the looks are more laid back. Looking like you’re not trying to stand out.
Plaid is continuing to reign outside of winter looks and details like burnout and colors to stand out are supreme. Spring threads are more modern fit and guys are paying attention to what they wear, how it fits and feels. Colored mirrored sunglasses are still on point this season and are the perfect accessory.
By Dara Ambriz, Owner of Runway Apparel
Runway Apparel is located in the North Town Plaza, 5901 Wyoming Blvd NE # D, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Runway Apparel #: (505) 797-7087
Photos by Kori Kobayashi