Kompany shook the walls on Friday June 21, unleashing his music on a packed crowd on the rooftop of Effex Nightclub for a wild night of friends, bass and dance. Find more images from Effex HERE.[Read more…]
Carrie Tingley Hospital Foundations signature fundraising event ABQ Mudd Volleyball celebrated it’s 25th year on June 1st, 2019. ABQ-Live covered the entire event with photos and video. Enjoy 5 galleries of photos and video from this amazing charitable event that is really all about the kids. Don’t miss our official ABQ Mudd Volleyball video below.[Read more…]
The annual Halloween in Summer party went down on Saturday, August 18th at The Sandbar in Albuquerque. The ABQ-Live special event featured multiple costume contests, cash prizes, live music, drink specials, games and more. Enjoy two galleries of images from the nights festivities.
Summerween 2018 | Photo Gallery 2
New Mexico is entering the summer season with a blazing heat wave. Take caution as you venture outdoors!
Here are some tips for safe summer fun:
1. Tanning oil and sunscreen are not interchangeable. Lather up with the latter! Those UV rays can do serious damage. Don’t forget to reapply every couple of hours.
2. Drink water.
3. It is okay to continue wearing dark clothing. Contrary to popular belief, clothing color has little to do with UV protection. A darker shirt will absorb more light and heat, but not UV radiation. Fabric that is thicker and more tightly threaded will provide protection from the sun regardless of its color.
4. Drink more water.
6. Stay hydrated. In other words, keep drinking water.
7. Go for a hike. New Mexico is filled with beautiful trails and rock formations.
8. Invest in a hat and a good pair of sunglasses.
9. The best times to go outside are the morning and evening when the sun is not as strong.
10. Stay inside. Nothing beats decent air conditioning.