Independence day is here again and if you’re still looking for something fun to do where you can show off your pride for ‘Merica in that American Flag t-shirt, where you can see fireworks that will make you say “ooh” and “aah”, and that is in (or at least pretty close to) the Duke City then look no further: here are 5 events in and around Albuquerque to celebrate the Fourth of July.
5. Fireworks at Isotopes Park on July 3rd: After our Isotopes face the Reno Aces there will be a “Fireworks Extravaganza” accompanied by the music stylings of the Albuquerque’s Youth Symphony Orchestra.
4. Corrales New Mexico 4th of July Parade: With the parade boasting local participation, unique exhibitions, and a ‘Family Fun Day’ in La Entrada Park Corrales is your one stop destination for a full day of family festivities.
3. Santa Fe Wine Festival: Go ahead- treat yourself, make a day of it, and hit the annual wine festival at El Rancho de las Golondrinas. For a $13 adult admission charge you can enjoy live music, food, and local wine.
2. Pork & Brew BBQ Festival: BBQ, beer, live music and pie eating contests- does it get any better? This indoor/outdoor event will be held at the Santa Ana Star Center and is the place to be if you enjoy fresh barbecue and locally brewed beer.
1. Freedom Fourth: With free admission to 5 musical performances, a car show, food vendors, kid’s activities, and a 24 minute firework show- Freedom Fourth is the biggest event in Albuquerque and the place to be.
Whatever you decide to do stay cool, stay safe, and have a happy Independence Day!
If you’re a fan of country music the fun doesn’t have to end on Saturday, the Western Music Association New Mexico Chapter is hosting Western Music and Cowboy Poetry on the Plaza July 5th where there will be 6 young entertainers performing, one of which is very close to our hearts here at ABQ-Live: “The Ponderosa Wrangler” Austin Van.